Essay: Women are Underrepresented in Power Structures
- Jan, 17, 2018
- Sample Essays, Social Issues
- Comments Off on Essay: Women are Underrepresented in Power Structures
Women do not stand at par with men not because they have been over looked by development planners but more so because they are underrepresented in power structures. Planning and implantation of major development programs is directly affected by gender relations and in most cases leads to favoritism of men.
GAD as highlighted in the aforementioned paragraphs also gives importance to women’s reproductive roles and is of the view that their double roles in the society cater to different spheres of our life. Quiet contrary to “Women in Development” approach, GAD considers women as an inevitable part of the development process that stems from their roles in caretaking and nurturing the society. Women belong to innumerable categories as per GAD on the basis of their age, class, marital status, ethnicity etc rather than homogenous entities. (Chao 1999)
These are just random excerpts of essays, for a more detailed version of essays, term papers, research paper, thesis, dissertation, case study and book reviews you need to place custom order by clicking on ORDER NOW.
- Professional PhD and MBA writers
- 100% Guaranteed plagiarism free
- Excellent 24 – 7 friendly customer support
- 100% privacy and confidentiality system
- Delivery prior to deadline
- Premium quality custom writing only
- Guaranteed satisfaction of our client